cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple 360 boxes but no service.

paul1276
On our wavelength

Hi everyone, I added TV to my existing Gigabit broadband. Received a message that a Self Start pack would be sent on 25th. I have just a single socket on the wall so I queried how I would attach the V360 box. I was told engineers visit needed and that was arranged for the 19th. As planned the engineer fitted a V360 box from his van on the 19th and activated the box. I then contacted Virgin twice to ask for the Quick Start to be cancelled. It wasn't and duly arrived on the 25th. Today I tried to add Sky Cinema but was told this not possible because the TV service was not activated. I didn't want to ring the activation number as this is tied to the Quick Start Box and not the one the engineer had already fitted. (Now have recordings and my own settings on that one). So I was put through to another part of your service who told me they would sort it. This sorting has now completely deactivated my TV service. I rang again to be told I didn't have a TV service and it would have to be set up again. This was done but I was then told that the service couldn't be activated until Wednesday, 1st December when yet another V360 box arrives. I protested that if the service could be deactivated immediately it could be reactivated as quickly. Put through to another service who said they would reactivated the box but it could take 4 hours. 4 hours later still no TV service and I have the awful feeling that when yet another box arrives on Wednesday this is all going to repeat itself. Luckily I haven't cancelled my Sky Q sub yet and still have until Friday to cancel Virgin. Any help would be welcome after 3 hours back and forth on the phone today with people who, though helpful seem to only work to a script. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi paul1276

Thanks for posting. Apologies for this happening. I've done a system check and this would be the correct resolution. I understand the frustration and it's not ideal but that is the correct resolution advised here. 

Sorry it's not the resolution you wanted.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

paul1276
On our wavelength
Thank you