cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi room

R_clayton71
Joining in

I’ve recently received my self install package  from Virgin media . I ordered the top bundle with extra multiroom and only received one multiroom instead of two . How do I go about getting my other multiroom box 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've made an educated guess that you're talking about a TV360 box here, and have moved your post to the TV-board - if this isn't the case, and you're asking about the broadband modem, please say so now!!

The "top bundle" presumably means Ultimate Volt, but can you confirm? If so, that usually comes with one master V360 box and one multiroom V360-mini. Is that what you've received? Unless you specifically asked for 2 x multiroom boxes (making one V360 master & 2 x V360 minis), does that show on your contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've made an educated guess that you're talking about a TV360 box here, and have moved your post to the TV-board - if this isn't the case, and you're asking about the broadband modem, please say so now!!

The "top bundle" presumably means Ultimate Volt, but can you confirm? If so, that usually comes with one master V360 box and one multiroom V360-mini. Is that what you've received? Unless you specifically asked for 2 x multiroom boxes (making one V360 master & 2 x V360 minis), does that show on your contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi yes it is the Ultimate Volt . And yes  I have received the V360 master and the V360 mini but only one V360 mini has arrived . I did ask for a V360 mini to be added making 2 x V360 minis 

Were you upgrading from V6 to 360 or is this a new installation or are you coming back to Virgin and have 3 coax connection points.

AFAIK any 3 box installation requires an engineer to install to add any extra cabling if required and check the signal levels.

Yes we are upgrading and Yes we have the 3 coax connection points as previously installed

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any additional multiroom boxes, I'd have thought, should either show as an engineer appointment or open order, in your myVM online account.

What boxes do you currently have as this might be the reason you have only received 2 boxes, any existing V6 boxes can be software upgraded to 360, if you have a TiVo box the that needs replacing and you should receive a mini box to replace it. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check which boxes you previously had, here if you're not sure. It would be useful to know how many of which box you had before asking to change to 360.

TiVo's can't take 360 software and need a physical swap. V6 can be software converted.