cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving with 360 tv box

Robby72
Joining in

I’ve been with virgin many years and have moved twice within that time. At them times I had tivo boxes and once moved received new ones and had to send back the old ones. Hence losing my recordings and series links. I shall be moving next month and have the new 360 tv box currently. Will the same apply with this or will I be able to use my old 360 box in my new property. 
Many thanks,

Rob. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Rob,

A member for the forum team should pick this up in a day or two and be able to confirm, however usually unless moving to a completely new area you would keep your existing boxes.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home 

Will I lose my TV recordings when I move house?
Your recordings are stored on your Virgin Media TV box – so if you keep your TV box and package, you won’t lose your recordings. However, if you get a new TV box as part of your move, you’ll lose everything stored on your old box.

If you keep your TV box but downgrade your TV subscription, some recordings you have may no longer be accessible. For example, if you’ve recorded a programme on Sky Sports and you cancel your Sky Sports subscription when you move, that recording won’t be accessible until you reactivate the subscription.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Robby72,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I can confirm that you should be able to take your 360 box with you to your new home, I have looked into this and this has been confirmed that you would be able to take your existing 360 box with you to your new home. This is also confirmed in the link that @newapollo supplied.

Regards,

Steven_L