cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from TiVo to V360 - still no migration plans

JoshGrey
Tuning in

hi all.

Just wanted to check to see if there's been any changes in moving from Tivo to Virgin 360, in particular;

• Transfer of series links between Tivo and v360
  • Transfer of recordings
  • the allowance of a "grace period" after V360 activation so you can watch any old shows and manually move series links over

Otherwise it's as much hassle to switch to Sky Q and recreate everything there...

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will never be able to do these things.

1) Transfer of series links between Tivo and v360

It is a totally different operating system owned by different companies. TiVO operates with separate boxes that are independent. Horizon works from a headend server system that drives the boxes & mobile/tablet access.

2) Transfer of recordings

Channel & content owners will not allow programmes to be transferred or copied. Horizon is capable of cloud recording, which would resolve this issue. However, there are still some content owners that are resisting its introduction.

3) the allowance of a "grace period" after V360 activation so you can watch any old shows and manually move series links over

The boxes are migrated, not replaced (the TiVO V6 becomes a Horizon V360 master box) through a firmware reload, which requires any hard disks to be reformatted. The older TiVO boxes still require a subscription & a connection to the coaxial cable in order to operate.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks