cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie and TV Show downloads

LiamG12
Joining in

I am wondering if longer term users of Virgin TV 360 can help me.

I have been with Sky for as long as I can remember and I've had Virgin installed yesterday for the TV. I liked the package on offer which included the sim card and I already had Virgin Internet.

My question is surrounding the downloading of movies and box sets. On Sky Q I would search for what I wanted and it would download and be added against the storage of the box. This also meant I could watch if I wasn't connected to the Internet. I can't seem to find a way of doing this with Virgin. I only get the option to play now, add to watch list, or record a movie which may be on in the coming weeks.

Is this intended by Virgin? That anything I wanted to watch is effectively being streamed so I don't have to use any storage? Allowing a watchlist to make it like Netflix? If so I'm a little disappointed as if the Internet was ever off, with Sky Q I had the option of still watching a movie I'd downloaded.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If I understand your question correctly, this is a fundamental difference between VM & Sky.

With Sky, they have no control over your broadband speed and so their "OnDemand" is often a "download and watch later" facility. VM don't have this problem and retain full end-end control over your download speeds. Therefore OnDemand is always a live stream.

You can always record any programme with your 360 and watch at your convenience - recordings are stored on the hard drive and only have time restrictions in very specific & limited circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If I understand your question correctly, this is a fundamental difference between VM & Sky.

With Sky, they have no control over your broadband speed and so their "OnDemand" is often a "download and watch later" facility. VM don't have this problem and retain full end-end control over your download speeds. Therefore OnDemand is always a live stream.

You can always record any programme with your 360 and watch at your convenience - recordings are stored on the hard drive and only have time restrictions in very specific & limited circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks