cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house moved to 360

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had 3 v6 boxes in old house and recently moved to another house and was advised to move to 360 alongside an oomph package!

Seems to have been a big mistake as only one 360 box has a hard drive in it and the mini satellite boxes struggle to connect to it meaning i struggle to watch saved programs anywhere other than the main TV point

Any advice or recommendations to improve it

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous ,

I hope you are settling in well in your new house.

Sorry to see that you are having issues with the newer 360 equipment.

It seems odd that you had 3 V6 boxes and where given one main 360 and the others are mini boxes. 

Normally the 3 V6 boxes would have received an over the air update so that you would have still had the recording function on all  three boxes.

Possibly the change to mini boxes was due to you moving to a new area, hopefully a member of the forum team can check and advise.

If possible the main 360 and mini boxes should be connected by ehternet cable, however it sounds like the mini's are connecting wirelessly.

You can try and fine tune the WiFi connections and recieve a stromger signal by following the instructions on the following thread.

It refers to V6 but the advice for the hub remains the same.

separated the SSID's in your hub to differentiate between 2.4G and 5G. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all when I moved house i got 360 and  new boxes. The one's without the hard drive for some reason.

However the engineer left one of the old v6 boxes.

Question is could the old box be installed instead of one of the satellite boxes and upgraded to 360?

If so, how? Would virgin do it remotely? Or is it defunct now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all when I moved house i got 360 and  new boxes. The one's without the hard drive for some reason.

However the engineer left one of the old v6 boxes.

Question is could the old box be installed instead of one of the satellite boxes and upgraded to 360?

If so, how? Would virgin do it remotely? Or is it defunct now?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've merged your post with when you originally asked the question, to give some context.

My suspicion is that you will need to return the "master" box and have been lucky to not be charged non-return-kit fees.

It'll need input from the staff team here - something distinctly odd about this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

If you have the 360 boxes then at least one of them should have a hard drive for recording purposes.

If you already have a V6 box, you should not receive a new box. Instead, the V6 box will receive a software update to convert the box (boxes) to TV 360's.  

If any of the boxes are the older TiVo box, you will be sent a new 360 Mini box to replace the older box. For example; if you have one V6 box and one TiVo box you will receive a new remote control to update the V6 box and one Mini box with a remote control to replace the Tivo box.

You can have a maximum of three 360 boxes on your account

It sounds like you may need to speak to CS and ask them if they can update the V6

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous 

Duplicate posts all merged into one thread. Forum rules, and good etiquette, do request queried are posted once and not across different threads.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Daveg771, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As mentioned above, in order to have the 360 service, one of your boxes must have a hard drive. Usually one of the V6 boxes will become the master box. If you have any other V6 boxes, these would be upgraded too. You'd only receive the new 360 mini boxes if you didn't have enough boxes for your subscription. 

I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs