cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More 360 Problems

BarryH001
Tuning in

Sorry for the long post.

I was on the Ultimate Ooomph package with two V6 boxes. I recently upgraded to the 360 tv service. One of the boxes updated successfully, the other failed to update. After calling the helpline they arranged for an engineer to come out who replaced the box for me.

However, I having continual problems with the first box that I assumed had updated successfully. It continually freezes when browsing through menus. It freezes during playback of recording and often skips back a couple of minutes when I fast forward. I usually get a CS2200 error message.

It also fails to retain any username and password details for any apps like Netflix and BBC iPlayer. I constantly have to sign in again. I often get a CS2400 error message.

If I turn off the box or do a factory reset it seems to work for a few hours but then slips back into having all of these issues.

I phoned 150 during the week to report the fault. The first person told me to turn off the power and reseat the cables. Something I have done numerous times. After describing the problems I was having he said I shouldn’t be connecting Virgin Media TV boxes wirelessly. They should be always connected via an ethernet cable. Surprising advice from a company who claim to have the fastest and most reliable internet. I explained to him I experienced the same issues when I moved the box next to the router and connected using an ethernet cable. He also told me that I should never perform a factory reset. Again this is surprising considering how frequently it gets mentioned in these forums.

He told me to leave it for an hour or so and the problem should be resolved. Unsurprisingly, the same issues continued. I phoned up the following day and spoke to someone else. He said he would log my issue with the second line team. However, as they were busy on other projects he said the wait time could be up to four weeks. Does that sound right to everyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for talking to me in private @BarryH001.

I am glad that I was able to book an engineer for you, let me know how this goes 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 weeks, crikey!

Second line usually takes a day or two in my experience with them.

They usually just ask more detailed questions and organise a tech visit or make follow up calls in my experience.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your boxes certainly don't sound well, but I'll pick out a few of the more obvious points...

@BarryH001 wrote:

It freezes during playback of recording and often skips back a couple of minutes when I fast forward. I usually get a CS2200 error message.

This is potentially indicative of hard drive issues, although error code help also just says "call in". Standard advice with suspected HDD issues is to watch live TV which should be ok, then pause for perhaps 30 seconds and watch delayed. It's also using the HDD and is effectively a recording - any problems now?

@BarryH001 wrote:

After describing the problems I was having he said I shouldn’t be connecting Virgin Media TV boxes wirelessly. They should be always connected via an ethernet cable. Surprising advice from a company who claim to have the fastest and most reliable internet.

VM do indeed supply a broadband connection to your home, which your router converts into wired (Ethernet) and wireless (WiFi) options. While a reliable wireless signal should be perfectly usable for all the 360 (or V6) online functions, an Ethernet cabled connection is always recommended given the choice.

And no, a 4week wait for any callback or follow up does sound complete nonsense. Unsurprising nonsense, but nonsense all the same. If you're getting nowhere with reporting your fault by phone, then just hang around here and staff will pick up your post after a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

AFAIK Virgin / Liberty Global don't operate where the off shore call centre sounds like it is based so they are all responding to scripts and can't go off script because they don't have experience of what they are talking about, it's a bit like talking to a human bot.

Anyway is your problem when watching recordings on the box they are recorded on or from one box to the other box.

If it's your original box the recordings are on and you are having problems watching these on the TV it's connected to then it could be the hard drive.

If live TV is OK you can pause it for a minute or two and then restart, this is just the same as recording and will test the hard drive.

I would always try to connect my main box by ethernet cable the second box by wifi should be ok.

Factory reset gives you the option to keep your recordings or delete everything. Select keep your recordings and you will have to log into Netflix etc.

Live TV isn’t an issue. I don’t experience any problems. If I try and pause any channel I get a CS2000 Channel Failed error message and it won’t allow me to pause it.  

One of my boxes is working fine so any recordings I make to that box play back fine.

The faulty box experiences the same issues when I move it into the room where the router is situated and I connect it with an ethernet cable.

The problems with the apps don’t just happen after a factory reset or even after turning the power off to the box. I can be logged into Netflix, ITV Hub etc and return a few hours later. After bringing the box out of standby I have to sign in once again.

If you box is in eco power mode that might be why you need to sign in again, if it's not set to fast start or active start it needs to be so you can stream recordings between both boxes.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @BarryH001,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the wait on getting this resolved.

I tried searching for what that error code meant but it came back as 'does not exist' please can you tell me if there is meant to be a number '4' at the end of that error code?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley.

Are you referring to the CS2400 error message I sometimes receive? That error code is followed with the following message “App is not accessible”.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me with this information @BarryH001.

I will send you a private message as it looks like might need to book an engineer visit.

Please look out for the private message in your purple envelope at the top right of your page 🙂

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

Thanks Hayley.

I have replied to your message.