cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing power cable?

Apcar79
Tuning in

Hi, I had my main 360 box installed and set up, the additional second smaller box was left with me to install seperately as we hadn't decided on the location for it.

Having opened the packaging, it contains the box only with no power supply.

Can these be ordered separately from VM, or if I have to source one, are the power supplies the same ratingfor the large 360 box as the small one. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only from VM

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

This has become absolutely ridiculous, called via 150, explained my issue of not being supplied a power supply with my 360 box, after a bit of delay while they identified what box I had, I was given assurance one would be posted out 1st class and would arrive within 5 days.

Weeks later still nothing , again I have called via 150, this time held for lengthy periods whikst repeatedly trying to explain situation - no power supply. Call centre op says he has escalated the issue to a virtual engineer, and I will receive a call within 4 hours.

'Engineer' has now called, asking to run tests on the equipment to identify the fault, I explain that it is a self explanatory fault (no power supply) and that no tests are going to resolve it. Again, he states they need me to be at home so they can run tests on the service... Ended the call out of sheer fustration at the inept morons.

Please can anyone advise on the power supply voltage, and connection size requjred for a 360 TV box? I clearly need to source my own unit as VM are beyond useless. 

roy247
Community elder

@Apcar79 wrote:

'Engineer' has now called, asking to run tests on the equipment to identify the fault, I explain that it is a self explanatory fault (no power supply) and that no tests are going to resolve it. Again, he states they need me to be at home so they can run tests on the service... Ended the call out of sheer fustration at the inept morons.

Please can anyone advise on the power supply voltage, and connection size requjred for a 360 TV box? I clearly need to source my own unit as VM are beyond useless. 

Maybe you should have let him try to run tests and then when they failed he would have arranged an engineer visit. The power supply is the same for both boxes but I wouldn't advise getting your own because if there was any future problem you might be held responsible.

I would try 150 again and select the I am thinking of leaving option, they should be able to help or connect you to someone who can, or you can wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

Hi Apcar79,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you didn't receive a power cable when the 2nd box was given to you by our Technician, I was able to locate you on our system and cam see you have spoken to us and this has been ordered, if you don't receive this within the next 5 days please let us know.

Regards

Paul.

Hello, I just want to say this has now been fully resolved.  A charger has been provided and all is working well. Thank-you to those who reached out and helped.

I'm glad to hear this is all sorted for you.

^Martin