cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing TV 360 box

gentry3107
Joining in

I have just renewed my contract, after telling virginmedia that I wanted to cancel because of faulty by box that has been playing up for 2 years, I constantly contacted customer service and was told numerous times they had checked my box and sent a signal to my box, and for me to observe the results and contact them if the same. This happened on numerous occasions, but all the time we had the same box. I have just been sent a new remote and told to download the new software, but how will help a box that on starting up sounds like an old tractor due to the fan failing. And will it stop the pink screens and half screens where only half the image is present. I thought I would receive a new TV 360 mini box to finally replace my broken by box not just a remote. Do you only get a remote and no box, what happens when the by box finally gives up the ghost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes there is nothing wrong with the box hardware but is a software issue, possibly the downgrade to 360 could fix it

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes there is nothing wrong with the box hardware but is a software issue, possibly the downgrade to 360 could fix it

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gentry3107 

VM don't replace the V6 boxes when switching to a 360.

As part of the process the hard drive is formatted and the new Horizon interface is installed.

Hopefully the new platform installation will fix any possible hard drive errors.

The noise on stating up may have been due to the hard drive and not the fan.

The pink screens and half screens where only half the image is present may be due to a faulty HDMI cable, or a faulty HDMI port, either on VM's set top box or your TV.

If the pink screens/half screens only occur on certain channels that may be the sign of a signal issue, it could also be due to the white coaxial being loose.

If nothing improves when you install the 360 then definitely call Faults, or come back here and update the thread.

A member of the Forum Team may then pick this up for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

gentry3107
Joining in

Thank you for the replies, I will see what happens and if the problems are finally solved. I will report back  to let the community know. Kudos to you for your help.