cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing All 4 app

Esilv91
Tuning in

Help! 

Ive been with virgin media not a month now and so fed up with them! Number of issues leading up to this but final straw is not getting clear communication on why I don’t have access to the All 4 app. I had the Virgin TV 369 box set up this month (Jan 2021) and when I go to the apps section I don’t have access to All 4. Other apps such as Netflix, prime Tv and YouTube are available but I don’t even have the option to select All 4. Calling technical help a number of times one man explained I should have it and it’s an ongoing problem and someone would be intouch. 1 week later and still nothing I contact them again and the man was impossible. He didn’t seem to understand the issue and wanted me to check I have channel 4. Making it clear that I have the channels and it’s the app he finally concluded that it’s not there error and I need to contact All 4. I disputed this as I said if it’s not on the virgin box it’s there issue but I was not getting anywhere. Of course All 4 confirmed the same and if it was a technical issue when I opened the app then they could try to advise, but they can’t assist if the app is not available to me on the Virgin Box. I’m back to needing to make a further attempt of calling Virgin and I’m dreading it. 

Any suggestions? 

14 REPLIES 14

markdyer72
Fibre optic

Hi unfortunately the 360 software isn’t as good as the TiVo software, as yet, and therefore a few apps are missing such as all4, they are to be introduced in a later software update, but in the meantime I to believe you can watch catch-up programmes via the guide.

thrice
Superfast

I also miss the All4 app - especially for the excellent Walter Presents content. Previously I subscribed to All4+ so that I could watch without the un-skippable ads. I enjoyed the app on my pre-conversion V6 boxes but I contacted Channel 4 about its absence and was told that I should contact Virgin Media about any missing apps. The implication from Channel 4 was that its unavailability was due to Virgin. Neither of my smart TVs has it either. I am hoping that when it does finally arrive on the 360 boxes - and I'm sure it will eventually - it will be some kind of HD version. The SD picture quality was definitely the worst thing about All4.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-adds-all-4-app-to-tv-...

Based on this we shouldn’t have a problem. Wish virgin would just give me a straight answer 

Found out. The V6 box has the app on but the 360 does not. Whilst the 360 is there newer box it doesn’t have it on. There’s me thinking I have the best box as it’s the latest one with voice control remote but it’s still not as updated as there old box. That makes sense doesn’t it, you would think with an updated box it would have the same or better system then there old box 🙄🙄🙄

Yes, it's crazy. The All4 app is available on 2019 LG smart TVs but not on the 2020 models.

I am sure it will get added in time, prob needs to  be written for the new platform and also prob need help from Channel for regarding api's etc

The V6 does not have the app, only a very limited "catch up" selection.

The V6 does indeed have the All4 app, I used it only yesterday.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dave792 wrote:

The V6 does not have the app, only a very limited "catch up" selection.

@Dave792 

The V6 does have the All-4 app, the V360 currently doesn't. If you have a V6 and am missing the All-4 app, then you have a separate fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks