cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini box won't record

stephenburton24
Tuning in

Just got a new 360 box as the hard drive failed but since I set up the main box my 360 mini box will not record programs everything else working fine any help appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi stephenburton24,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are still facing issues with your mini box not recording after trying all advised.

So I can try to help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to acceptt.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

roy247
Community elder

Is the main box in standby when you are trying to set recordings from the mini box ? If it is make sure the main box is set to fast start or active start, are you also having problems watching recordings on the mini box.

If the main box is On and you are still having problems if both boxes are connected by wi-fi make sure they are both on the same 2.4ghz or 5ghz bands.

Everything else works fine just will not let me record 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stephenburton24 

Have you tried rebooting both boxes so they can hopefully scan and find each other?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes I have tried everything must be a problem with the box 

Hello again,

Just to rule out the remote does the light on the mini box flash when you press the record button.

Yes it does flash

Hi stephenburton24,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are still facing issues with your mini box not recording after trying all advised.

So I can try to help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to acceptt.

Regards

Paul.

Mini box still not recording very frustrating now been told a lot of different things what it could be from mini boxes do not record to faults in area that stop them recording which non are correct feel certain it's a problem with the box I know it's not a major issue but I pay for the service and I want it to work 

Hi @stephenburton24 

The Mini box won't record, it's not got got a hard drive. Do you mean it's not setting recordings on the Main box? 

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill