cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini box switched to 360

mjaldevi
Tuning in

I had a fault with my VM mini Wi-Fi box which was replaced with a 360 box…now that works fine but ..now my main 360 box has lost all channels on my main tv! Called VM and was told to expect a call which never came….called just now and said it could take 3 to 5 days…..1 issue resolved and now another where I get no channels yet am a Mega TV subscriber!   I have Movies and sports but all channels show “click ok to subscribe’ please help!

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "a mini WiFi box"? I presume you mean a broadband router, but I struggle to believe that would be replaced by a TV box of whatever flavour.

When you say your 360-master box has lost all channels, can you explain some of the symptoms? Are they greyed out in the EPG? Or do they give an error message - and if so, what is it?

And are you sure it's lost all channels, or just some of the pay-ones? Do you have access to any the terrestrial channels in EPG positions 101-105?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi the box I had was a mini 360 and my main 360…. We had an issue with the Mini 360 tv box which was switched out for a 360 same as my main one.  The channels are all showing click ‘OK’ to subscribe and no errors are shown. This is from 101 all the way through to 999.  The middle of the screen just has a grey circle with a line through it.  No issues with broadband router or telephone line

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well I've never heard of a mni-360 being swapped for a master-360, and there's a few people on here who'd probably give their right arm for that - but all the same...

If I had to place bets, there's an equipment activation issue in here somewhere - the wrong box being activated/deactivated. You can either wait on here for staff to respond - which may take a few days - or call into CS on the usual number and (hopefully) get it resolved immediately.

In other words, this needs VM intervention. The only other thing you can realistically do here is to swap the 2 boxes around and prove the problem follows the box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It threw me too when the CS Team said they’re sending out a 360 and not the Mini and I did question it at the time and thought no more of it….thanks for your advice mate

Hi @mjaldevi

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the box.

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see a Hit was sent to the set top box today.

Has this helped at all?

Please pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki_M

yep finally sorted after 4 phone calls a forum chat. Complaint logged and awaiting compensation for not having TV for 3 days!

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear this has now been resolved.

Please let us know if you need anything further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules