cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini box not working

Lacey60
Joining in

Every evening im unable to watch any recording on my mini box - keeps stating that the 360 box is offline. If that message does not appear. It constantly says buffering. Any ideas? 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lacey60 

I've moved your post to the 360 forum.. And I'll caveat my advice that I use a V6 so anything specific to 360 software I'll leave to others, however, from the top...

The 360-mini-box doesn't have a hard drive, its recordings are stored on the main box. First thing is to make sure the main box is either on or set to use fast-start/active-start.

Secondly, the connection used to stream between the 2 boxes is the same one that's used for OnDemand from both boxes - in other words, WiFi or Ethernet between the 360 & your homehub. So the obvious check is - can you use OnDemand from both boxes ok? The one you're trying to watch on is probably the more crucial to check here.

Many issues with muiltiroom streaming aren't 360/V6 software-specific but down to troubleshooting the connectivity aspect. So let's check these points and that's as good a place to start as anywhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

Thank you, 

the settings have been changed to fast start. 
all on demand, netflix and prime work on all boxes. i have only been with virgin for only over a month and had this issue since it was installed. 

any help is greatly appreciated as im losing the will to live.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If streaming & OD work on all boxes, that's the hub connection between them, proven. There's a possibility of WiFi signal strength being insufficient to support HD/UHD streaming between the boxes - but I'd have expected VoD or single-box streaming to be problematic if that were the case.

You've mentioned that you've changed the settings to active/fast-start - is multiroom streaming still problematic post that change?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, 

Yes the issue still persists after changing the settings. I have also reset all boxes etc. with no change.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are your 360's connected to your homehub? If any are using Ethernet cable, then those can be reasonably taken as not having issues.

Any that are using WiFi, will need their signal quality checking - which is where familiarity with the 360 software will be useful. As previously mentioned, I use a V6 so am blind here, but I'm fairly sure this is in the settings/diagnostic menu.

roy247
Community elder

@Lacey60 wrote:

Hi, 

Yes the issue still persists after changing the settings. I have also reset all boxes etc. with no change.  

Was that a factory reset or a restart, (turning the power off to the boxes for a couple of minutes), as japitts say's you can run diagnostics to check your WiFi signal on the 360 mini, assuming it's connected that way but if OnDemand is OK you would expect that to be fine.

When I couldn't access recordings between V6 boxes reconnecting to the Virgin media services usually worked after a couple of attempts.

I would suggest if this is what you haven't already tried is to turn both boxes off at the power socket, or the switch on the rear of the boxes, leave for 2 minutes then power back on, if that doesn't work try a factory reset, it won't delete your recordings or series links but you will need to sign in to Netflix again or any other account if you have them.

Hi @Lacey60,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your set top box. I have been able to access your account using your forum details and I can see you have recently spoken to a member of our team regarding this. I can also see that an appointment has been booked for this.

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help regarding this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs