cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini box connection.

Murraymints8
Joining in

Hi, can anyone tell me if Virgin Media is likely to have a completely wireless connection from main box to mini box for all broadcasts including live ones, as Sky has, anytime soon. This is the only thing stopping me from changing from Sky as I want to minimise the number of cables running through the house. 

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Murraymints8 wrote:

Hi, can anyone tell me if Virgin Media is likely to have a completely wireless connection from main box to mini box for all broadcasts including live ones, as Sky has, anytime soon. This is the only thing stopping me from changing from Sky as I want to minimise the number of cables running through the house. 

V360 is a Broadcast TV system, so no it won't. V360 has advantages in that the Mini boxes can also receive broadcast 4k UHD channels like the recently introduced Sky Sports ones. The SkyQ minis cannot. When & if the broadcasters here will allow cloud recording then the need for broadcast boxes will diminish, as even the new Broadband only Stream product will be able to offer recording features.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks