cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini box CS6301 error

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hey

Setup our 360 main box and mini, but the mini is showing a CS6301 no storage error.

I know the mini has no storage, but should I not be able to record via the mini?

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

You should be able to set up recordings on your main box from the mini and also watch recordings from the main box on the mini. You need the boxes set to fast start or active start, you will find this under Settings, System, Standby power consumption. Both boxes also need a connection to your hub either wifi or ethernet cable.

So I can view recordings on the mini, but it will not let me set recordings.

Have you tried restarting both boxes, if turning both boxes off and on with the switch on the rear of the box doesn't work you can try doing a factory reset, you will not lose your recordings if you select the option to keep them on your main box, the mini box doesn't have this option as it has no recordings. As you say you can watch your recordings on the mini but not set them on the main box I would assume that the network connection between them is good, something you can check with the diagnostics but if all else fails you can try resetting the hub, which brings up another question are you just using the Virgin hub or also one of your own.

Hey

I am using the VM hub.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oxfordmark

Thank you for making this post regarding the error on your Mini box, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. Just to confirm: the mini box has no hard drive so you cannot record onto it, but you can set recordings from the mini box that will be recorded onto the main box. Both boxes need to be set to Fast start or Active start so the mini box can wake up the main box. Are both your boxes set this way?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi
The box downstairs is on Active start and so is the mini.

Thanks for confirming oxfordmark,

As it's been a short while, are you still experiencing the error code on your mini box. Are you still only able to view recordings on the mini box but not set them?

Please can you check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/tv-not-working to see if this gives you any additional help.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Update, I was able to set a recording upstairs.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oxfordmark,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue and providing us with an update! I'm glad that you've been able to set your recordings upstairs now!

If you need any further assistance, please come back to us, we'll be more than happy to help! 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs