cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Virgin 360 Box

chasconib1
Joining in

have upgraded from Tivo to Virgin 360. I have received 1 remote but no mini box. I understand from other posts that the main Tivo box will be converted to 360, however I wish to use the mini box in a bedroom. When am I likely to receive the mini box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you converting a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

A V6>360 migration is a software download with your existing hardware. If you have a TiVo, this is a box swapout.

Any additional 360 boxes are minis without hard drives, unless you're converting additional V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you converting a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

A V6>360 migration is a software download with your existing hardware. If you have a TiVo, this is a box swapout.

Any additional 360 boxes are minis without hard drives, unless you're converting additional V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Loking at the identity pictures it is a V6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So that's just a software conversion then.

Does your package specifically include a multi-room additional box?

If you had 1 V6 box and converted to 360 all you will receive is a remote and the V6 will receive the 360 software. You will only get a mini box if you have upgraded to multiroom or already have multiroom with an old TiVo box that can't be upgraded to 360. The fact that you only received 1 remote seems to indicate you don't have multiroom.

Have you been given the impression that changing to 360 included a mini box ?

Sorry japitts, crossed posts there.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No worries roy.

Although I will add a little point of clarity for the OP...

Both TiVo/V6 & 360 platforms offer multiroom TV boxes. In TiVo/V6 land, they're just extra boxes with their own hard drive. In 360-land, they're mini-boxes without hard drives which "slave" from the master box.

The pertinent question therefore remains, does your package include an additional multiroom box?

roy247
Community elder

@japitts wrote:

The pertinent question therefore remains, does your package include an additional multiroom box?

Absolutely, if you only have 1 box and no multiroom you won't receive a mini box unless from the blurb the OP thought it was included and possibly wireless like a Sky Q mini box, heaven forbid.