cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Boxes connect wirelessly?

lavster
Tuning in

Can i just check as the person im speaking to on Live chat and the documentation on the website are contradictary.

Do you need a coax cable connected to the mini boxes for multi room or do you connect to the main box wirelessly for tv channels?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, all Virgin Media set top boxes require both a co-ax and internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, all Virgin Media set top boxes require both a co-ax and internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thank you, i thought as much..

Will be leaving my order then sadly.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lavster 

If you don't already have a TV service with VM then you can order the Stream box.

It isn't available in addition to any other VM TV service. It's also limited to one box per household. 

It works over the internet and so doesn't  need the coaxial cable.  It does need a VM broadband connection and it won't work with any other ISP.

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Lavster 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting, sorry to hear you were given some conflicting information regarding the Mini boxes and their connections. It is true to say they require a coax and internet connection as advised by the community! 

Sadly we don't generally offer support with package changes via the forum as these are best done in real time. If you do change your mind and would like further support you can call us on📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .

Please let us know if there is anything outstanding that we can offer support with!

All the best. 🌞

Molly