cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini 360 not recording

BeerT1
Tuning in

Hi. I have a main 360 and two 360's mini. The main 360 will record and playback with no issues. I can view recorded programs which have been recorded on the main unit on both 360's, but if I try to record from either of the 360's the light on the box flicks to indicate that it has received a signal from the handset but nothing appears on the screen.

I have also tried to record from the program menu and again nothing happens.

I have rebooted all units and the wifi hub, I have put all units in fast start and carried out a factory reset on each one. All three units are connected by Ethernet to the hub.... any further actions I can take would be greatly appreciated!

18 REPLIES 18

hbkjohnhill
On our wavelength

You cannot record onto the Miniboxes. All recordings are stored on the main TV 360 box, which can be accessed from either Minibox.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned that all your 360's are set to fast start, that (or active start) is one pre-requisite for inter-box streaming.

But as mentioned - the whole design premise of mini-360's is that they don't have hard drives and all their recording capabilities use the master box. So do your "mini-recordings" show on the master? You can set them on the mini, and stream them on the mini, but they're held on the master.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your replies. I know that the minis do not have their own hard drives and any requests to record via the mini are recorded on the master...... I cannot get the minis to record to the master drive.... when I click to record on the minis, the light flicks on the mini box but nothing comes up on the TV. There should be an acknowledgement that it is recording.... I have checked to see if my request to record on the mini has worked and is being recorded on the master, but nothing.

I can live with it,its just frustrating. f I am watching a program on the mini and want to record the end of the program I have to go to the living room and record it directly on the master box.

Hi BeerT1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

How is the Mini-Box connected to the internet, wireless or via Ethernet please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BeerT1
Tuning in

All three boxes are fast start and all three are Ethernet connections, Software is 4.33, with very good connections.

i have read up as much as I can on various posts and totally agree that is a bug as everything is setup to work but it doesn't

roy247
Community elder

I don't think it's a bug as I have a 360 and mini box on 4.33 and can set recordings and watch without any problems.

Have you only had the problem since a software update.

If you are on the mini and you go to the TV guide and press record do you get the Record / Close / Advanced options window.

Going to the TV guide on the Mini and pressing record does nothing, the light flicks on the box to acknowledge it has received the signal from the handset but nothing appears on the TV screen to allow any form of recording.

roy247
Community elder

I would try connecting one of the minis by wifi if you haven't already just to see if you still get the same result.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

I would try connecting one of the minis by wifi if you haven't already just to see if you still get the same result.

I see your logic, but I suspect a better test is to check whether all boxes can use OnDemand or streaming services ok.

It's the same 360 <---> Hub connection being used for all services, and you're never going to improve on an Ethernet connection. Heck, try both tests.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks