cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxit tv

Vinothvima-14
Joining in

Can you watch premier league matches on Maxit tv?

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Vinothvima-14

The channels available on the VM packages are listed in column 6 on the following page /virgin-tv-channel-guide 

As you can see by the screenshot below customers on the Maxit TV will be able to  watch Premier League matches on the BT Sport channels.

If you have the Ultimate Oomph package which has Maxit TV it includes all the Sky Sports channels which also show premier league games.

Also if you subscribe to the Bigger bundle + Sports & Movies then that package also includes the Sky Sports and BT Sports channels which show Premier League games.

You can also add Sky Sports as a standalone addon https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/channels/sports 

Note if you add the Sky Sports as a standalone addon, or as part of the Bigger bundle + Sports & Movies package the Sky Sports channels are in SD, if you want the HD version you need to ask for it, and it's an extra £7 per month.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Can you watch premier league games on sky sports on Maxit tv and if not how much will it cost to add it as a standalone?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maxit TV, as per the previous post, includes all the BT Sport channels in HD. So you can watch any sport broadcast by BT Sport.

Sky Sports also broadcast Premier League football, but their channels are a premium add-on ,except with Ultimate Oomph which includes the Sky Premiums.

You need to check which channel a particular sport is broadcast by, and look for the packages that include that channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vinothvima-14
Joining in

How much will it cost to add sky sports as a standalone ( I already have Maxit tv)

How much will it cost to add sky sports football premier league main event as a standalone?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media don't sell individual Sky Sports channels - you need to purchase all of them as a bundle.

The standard price is £31.75 for the SD channels or £38.75/month for the HD ones.

You may get a discount on that if you're willing to re-contract for 18months and include the channels in your package deal. There is some further info on adding Sky Premiums - https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/sky-upgrade 

Edit: I've merged your 3 separate threads into one, to keep the answers in the same place. It's better to "reply" to a thread rather than start multiple new posts.

@Vinothvima-14 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Basically if you are a new customer and want to watch premier league football on sky and bt you are best signing up to the ultimate oomph package on the cheapest deal for 18 months, even if you don't want movies it's the way these deals work. Just remember to renegotiate at the end of the contract.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vinothvima-14

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

In relation to the question, you've been answered correctly by the community (thank you all)

We don't offer standalone sports channels such as Main Event. They'll need to be added as a bundle. If you log in to your Online Account then go to the 'my upgrades and offers' section, this will show you any offers to upgrade to add the Sky Sports channels.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill