cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main box and multi room box 360

Dubgirl
Tuning in

Hi. Recently switched to 360 from an older virgin package. Does the main box have to be switched on all the time in order to watch the multi room box which we have set up in the sitting room. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dubgirl 

You can switch off the main box and the mini box will still work. 

However, the minibox doesn't have a hard drive, all recordings are stored on the main box, so if you want to watch a recording using the minibox then the main box should be switched on.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dubgirl 

You can switch off the main box and the mini box will still work. 

However, the minibox doesn't have a hard drive, all recordings are stored on the main box, so if you want to watch a recording using the minibox then the main box should be switched on.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi Dubgirl,

If you have the 360 main box and a mini box you need the main box to be set to fast start or active start so the mini can access the recordings on the main box.

If you have upgraded 2 V6 boxes to 360 you can specify which boxes the recordings are recorded on and I assume you would need them set to fast start or active start to watch recordings across boxes, I have a 360 and a mini box so can't speak from experience on that setup.

Great thank you for your reply. The new set up takes some getting use to 😊

Great thank you. I assume I can access these start up suggestions in the settings on the main box. Just takes time to get use to