cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTV Play on 360

stevemorgan
Superfast

I noticed it was meant to appear on 23rd October and the site says that it is available on Virgin 360 but it has yet to appear on any of my boxes.

Any update from Virgin Towers?

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/your-new-virgin-tv-apps

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stevemorgan 

I agree the information on that page appears to be incorrect

It looks VM will be adding the MTV Play app to the 360 at a later date.

Two months ago that TV Edit page was showing, 'All4 and MTV Play will be available on TV 360 from Thursday 21 October'

The All4 app was only added on 1st December.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Absolutely, but if I recall the All4 app details were removed from the 360 list on that page and MTV Play remained 

Maybe someone has forgotten to push the button, hopefully this triggers that.

Total silence from Virgin Media on this

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @stevemorgan,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

We do not have this on our TV packages at the moment, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Hayley_S it has been on the V6 boxes for over a year.

It is also listed on the page linked above as being available on 360 

It is an app not a channel.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To be fair, I don't think Hayley said it was a channel - she referred to "TV packages"

It doesn't alter the answer though - the app is currently only on V6 boxes, and will likely become available on 360 at some future date. If there's a website page saying otherwise, then that is an error which will probably be sorted at some stage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is available on V6 for those who have MTV in their package

It was as previously advised listed as being available on 360 from 21st October and as such is now listed as available on V6 & 360 boxes which is clearly not the case.

My post was merely to nudge those at the top of the tree to either update the page or add the app.

Here is a whole page on the Virgin Media website about it.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/how-to-get-the-mtv-play-app-on-virgin-tv

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevemorgan wrote:

It was as previously advised listed as being available on 360 from 21st October and as such is now listed as available on V6 & 360 boxes which is clearly not the case.

Where on that page is the 360 mentioned? It states "The MTV Play app is available to all Virgin TV customers with a V6 box, powered by TiVo® – at no extra cost if MTV is part of your TV package, and for just £3.99 a month if not."

MTV_Play_VM.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

If you look at the original link in post 1

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/your-new-virgin-tv-apps

You will see this,

Available on V6 and Virgin TV 360

• Al Jazeera
  • All 4
  • BBC iPlayer
  • BBC Sounds
  • France 24
  • ITV Hub
  • MTV Play
  • My5
  • Netflix
  • Prime Video