cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M63 error

MT74
Tuning in

Hi. Have just upgraded account and asked for 360 remote too. Upgrades went through but now my v6 box is broken. Cant access apps, games or various other menu items...just get m63 error. Tech support over phone has been a disaster...spent too long on hold...2 hours on phone in total.all I have found out that my v6 box shows as offline. I have looked at diagnostics on v6 and it says my account is closed?

Have been in touch via twitter and was sent here. @kepec06 on twitter. Really starting to lose patience.. Please help..

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MT74,

Did you receive the 360 remote and perform the update to switch the software so that your V6 is now a 360 ?

If so, if the update successfully completed you will have a Horizon interface instead of TIVO.

If the update failed it's possible that rebooting or removing the box from the mains for 5 minutes may kickstart it.

Having said that M63 sounds like there may be a problem with the VM systems not being able to recognise if it's now a V6 or 360

I would take the Retentions route (thinking of leaving us) and if they can't solve it then they should be able to transfer you to the correct department.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave. After chasing my tail for a few hours on the phone, I have been informed it has escalated to level 2 technical as it is an I.T issue. The 360 upgrade has broken my v6 box and didn't complete. The box is offline as far as virgin are concerned so it won't accept any remote prompting. Luckily,  I still have TV but it shows as offline for me too when trying to connect virgin app to it. 

I realise 90 percent of the information above is inconsequential to you but I thought I'd paint a more detailed picture for you seeing as you were kind enough to reply. 

Thanks again.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MT74,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your V6 box migration to TV360. 

I'm glad to hear that our second line team is looking into your issue and taking time to investigate the problem.

Please keep us updated on this issue further, and let us know if you need any further help at all.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina. Thanks for your response. 

It would appear your technical team is taking longer than expected and after having spent another 10 minutes on the phone, I am no further forward and am having to wait an uncertain amount of time for your team to get back to me. 

Very apologetic and polite call handlers but no progress. 

I am finding my request to upgrade very regrettable. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MT74

Thanks for getting back to us, sorry to hear that the issue is taking longer than expected to resolve. That is not ideal at all.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are regretting your request to upgrade, that's not how we want you to feel as a valued customer at all.

How are things working for you now, are you any further forward?

Please do let me know,

Serena

Hi Serena.

The situation has not progressed. I have been told to simply wait. I was told 3 days approximately 6 days ago.It would appear that my fault is sitting in someones inbox and I am  waiting on them working their way towards it. I am giving it until Monday until I call back AGAIN. That call will NOT be a happy one. I am running out of patience. 

*EDIT. I feel I should add....I am not just missing the 360 upgrade. I can't pause or rewind tv or access many menu items. My v6 box has less functionality than a cheap free view box.

I have also asked what a reasonable customer service resolution would be and was told there would be no compensation as i can still watch TV. I am very interested in your opinion on this matter.*

I would appreciate any help you have to offer.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply and update, MT74, 

It certainly does appear to be like it has gone to second line support. If needed, we can get this chased up for you if you don't have an update on Monday. Let us know if you need any further help

Cheers,

Corey C

Ok. So....as I'm typing an angry message and about to press send VM call me and tell me I need my box replaced. An engineer is to attend tomorrow.

However...

I still have a question about being compensated for my trouble. Anyone from VM care to weigh in on this?

Haha....I thought so. 

Back under your rocks huh?