cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M63 Error Code

Alham
Tuning in

We recently changed service from V6 boxes to add in 360 functionality and were sent two new remotes. The TV V6 boxes are showing an M63 error code. 

It says they you can connect to the UNKNOWN to update status. 

We can only get live TV but no pause, record, catchup or apps. 

The 360 upgrade option was available on the menu screen when we upgraded but was showing an M63 error when I tried to upgrade via the app or using the menu option on the Home Screen. When I was speaking to the online support the option disappeared when they were trying to make it work and so did all the apps and catchup. 

Seemingly it will take 4 days to fix this - meanwhile we have no functionality at all. Is this a known issue and why does it take so long to fix?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Alham 

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/M63   is a V6 error preventing the box upgrading to a 360 usually due to the details on your account not matching those on the VM systems.

It often needs a back office team to manually update the systems as the front line agents don't have the necessary permissions or systems. 

If the back office team aren't successful then they will send out a tech to swap the boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alham, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I have gone ahead and responded to your separate post regarding this issue so we will pick this up with you from there. 

Thanks, 

Nat