cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost One Power On Function

SteveTitaniumX
On our wavelength

I used to press the 360's right power button on the remote and both the 360 box and the TV used to power on simultaneously.   But since the firmware update to V4.35 it no longer works.   The right power button turns on/off just the 360 box, and I have to now press the left TV power on button to switch on/off the TV.  In the settings, I have "One Power" to "On".   

Any ideas?

Thanks
Steve

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

Have you tried pressing the right power button twice?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SteveTitaniumX

Thank you for making this post regarding your one power on function, I'm sorry to hear that this has not been working for you since the update.

Have you tried @newapollo 's advice of pressing the right power button twice? Did this work for you?

If you are still having issues please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Serena

I am having the same problem.

I have even factory reset everything and cannot get it working.

pressing the button twice just turns the box on and off again

No it didn't help, pressing the red power button did not switch on the TV, just the 360 box.

Ive got the same problem..spent an hour trying to work out why CEC didn’t work and how to enable only to find this and realise the option isn’t there

Hello @SteveTitaniumX,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

Are you able to use your normal TV remote to turn your TV on and off?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

Yes, I can power on and off the TV using the TV remote, and also using the 360's white TV power button.  But the 360's Red TV Power button used to power on both the 360 and my LG TV at the same time, but since the last firmware update 4.35 this has stopped working.

Thanks
Steve

Strangely both my bedroom mini boxes still have the one power option in the menu, it’s just completely missing from the main box

Hi SteveTitaniumX

Might be worth resetting the remote controls and re pairing again with the box and TV 

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Garrth