cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Hardrive data, after virgin TV issues

Lister110
Tuning in

CS6001

since yesterday at around 4pm lost recordings.. hardrive error (checked status and said it’ll be fixed for 12am that day..

Today, same issue.. error status says it won’t be fixed until 14th.

rebooted box/router/switched off plug.

“Looks like there are issues in xxx which might affect you”

Checked at 20:54 today

rob

10 REPLIES 10

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Service issue is nothing to do with your fault.

CS6001 is an internal Hard Drive error with the box itself. The only way to fix it is to get it replaced.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without having seen what the entry on the status page is, I'm going to hazard a guess it states "there is a TV issue" - this won't have anything to do with hard drive errors on your 360.

This may be an early sign of hard drive failure, but are new recordings OK?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

As has already been stated it looks like a hard drive problem. If you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back that would be another sign that the hard drive is faulty.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

The welcome page takes for ever and then went to no signal.. after another restart (including router) we have a blank screen.

We’re still getting virgin status error and won’t be fixed until 14th

Not happy!!

Ok

our second TV works ok with the box provided..

We have tried to contact virgin and they’ve kept us on hold….

we was on hold for an hour yesterday and then the customer help closed. Today we've been on hold for an hour (whats app). 

We have a blank screen..

Best time to call is around 8am when they open on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, select the ' I have a fault option ' then ignore all the other options offered, don't press anything, and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

We’re out before 8, been on hold this evening for a few hours..