cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing Ethernet connection

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Hi 

I am loosing my Ethernet connection to my Virgin 360 box randomly. It’s happened maybe 8 times now since installation six weeks ago. I get a message onscreen saying Ethernet link is missing. I wiggle all the plugs on tv box and hub then it fixes itself. Could it be a dodgy cable or connection. Can I get a new replacement  cable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaylin567
Tuning in

@Biggordy1 wrote:

Hi 

I am loosing my Ethernet connection to my Virgin 360 box randomly. It’s happened maybe 8 times now since installation six weeks ago. I get a message onscreen saying Ethernet link is missing. I wiggle all the plugs on tv box and hub then it fixes itself. Could it be a dodgy cable or connection. Can I get a new replacement  cable.  GarageBand Download

Assuming you are connected to a Virgin hub a wired connection is obviously the best option, you could try using wifi to see if the problem persists, if as you say everything has been working ok then maybe a factory reset could be tried because vigin have been rolling out some software updates. Just select the option to keep your recordings as it's not really a factory reset you can keep your recordings and series links but will have to sign in to netflix etc again. Also some settings will default like dolby audio, standby timer, and match frame rate, I think thats it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can buy an Ethernet cable from any decent high street electronics shop or online retailer.

Have you tried the same cable in another of your hub ports to make sure that's not the issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

I have spare Ethernet cables. Far too long right enough for what I need but it would do as a trial I suppose 

Jaylin567
Tuning in

@Biggordy1 wrote:

Hi 

I am loosing my Ethernet connection to my Virgin 360 box randomly. It’s happened maybe 8 times now since installation six weeks ago. I get a message onscreen saying Ethernet link is missing. I wiggle all the plugs on tv box and hub then it fixes itself. Could it be a dodgy cable or connection. Can I get a new replacement  cable.  GarageBand Download

Assuming you are connected to a Virgin hub a wired connection is obviously the best option, you could try using wifi to see if the problem persists, if as you say everything has been working ok then maybe a factory reset could be tried because vigin have been rolling out some software updates. Just select the option to keep your recordings as it's not really a factory reset you can keep your recordings and series links but will have to sign in to netflix etc again. Also some settings will default like dolby audio, standby timer, and match frame rate, I think thats it.

I agree I much prefer waited connections. I will try wi fi then the reset and see how I get on. Thanks for suggestions 👍

Should read wired connection