cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liverpool channel disappointed

Lwelly
Joining in

Upon sign up to virgin media via a doorstep salesmen, whilst talking about packages he told me about the Liverpool channel that upon subscribing my son would be able to view all broadcasted games live. However todays match against Chelsea there is just live commentary which is highly disappointing and I will be cancelling as find it a waste of £7. I think it needs to made more clearer that not all games are shown (if any).

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media only carries channels. It's the broadcasters who decide on the content that those channels carry.

You can view the schedule for Ch544 using the on-screen TV guide without having to subscribe, and also at https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_ee511jsc/ 

Your complaint about the programming on this channel is best directed at Liverpool FC-TV, if this was a major reason for taking out a VM-TV subscription and you're within the 14days cancellation period, that's an option open to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder
This is from

Like other club channels, LFCTV GO is not permitted to broadcast live first team games on the website or TV channel as match coverage is restricted by broadcast regulations. This includes Premier League fixtures and all other competitive competitions. We do, however, screen live some academy and women's games, and friendlies/pre-season games involving the first team on a live and exclusive basis.

After a competitive first team game, we must wait a certain period of time before footage can be broadcast on our website or TV channel - please see below for more information (in local UK time).

Still disappointed with the sale guy as he looked like he really knew his stuff and assured me that all matches would be available to view on there. If I had know that I wouldn't of subscribed and got him monthly now TV passes. 

ozsat
Superstar

Liverpool TV and not allowed to show live competition matches for which other channels have the rights.

So no Premier League, League Cup, UEFA matches etc.

You will see some U18 and U21s etc.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per the previous posts.... if you want to watch Liverpool FC live games, you're going to need a subscription to Sky Sports, BT Sport and potentially Prime Video streaming.

You won't get the content that Sky & BT have paid big bucks for, on a £7/month channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks