cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live tv pause

stewart55132
Joining in

I had tv 360 installed yesterday with 2 boxes. I switched from sky q multi room.  The engineer said it made no difference as to which room the main box went in and the mini box. He put the mini box in the room we normally use and the main box in the room we only use occasionally.  I can now only pause live tv for about 2 mins in the room we use. Can I pause live tv longer on the main box and if so, do I just switch the boxes round so we have the main box in our main room? 

2 REPLIES 2

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi that is such a silly thing for the engineer to do of course you have the main box where you are using it most, why did you let him do it, probably easier for him, contact virgin 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and ask for the boxes to be installed as you want them , presumably you signed off the work so may find if virgin agree to swap the boxes they may claim as a non fault issue there is a charge of £99, although as you say swapping the boxes yourself may do the trick. Regards Micky 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi stewart55132,

There's no problem at all swapping the boxes around yourself.  Just make sure the coaxial cables are snug and tight.

You may need to change the network settings on both boxes if one was connected wirelessly and the other via ethernet cable Settings >  Network > Change connection type.

The mini only pauses for a few minutes as it doesn't have a hard drive whereas the main box is around an hour.

Really if wanting to pause on the mini you need to record from that point and then rewind.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali