cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lipsycnch

watty55
Joining in

I've just joined Virgin Media in the last month and have trouble with lip synch from the start. Any idea how to get rid of it?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @watty55 

You've posted in the TIVO section, however all new installs are on the 360 box unless you've taken out a TV package without a VM broadband connection.

Please can you confirm which set top box you have. https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

watty55
Joining in

Having trouble using this service but have lip sync from the start of using virgin 4 weeks ago. It wasn't on the previous provider's system.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of a little forum advice @watty55  - by starting a new duplicate thread in another area of the forum, you could have received duplicate replies in those 2 places. Better to keep all your posts on one topic in the same place - I've merged them together and moved the thread for you 😉 - you've not explicitly said that you have a 360, but I presume that by starting a new post in that board - you do. Can you confirm?

By means of answering your query - is this problem happening on... live TV? OnDemand? Streaming apps? Recorded programmes?

Do you have any A/V kit between your box and your TV, or is it directly connected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

watty55
Joining in

I'm new to this forum and it shows, Jappitts was kindly helping me but I can't see any way to reply, the box goes to the TV via a metal T junction. I've only used the TV to just watch and use catchup with lip sync on both. Virgin states that it's a problem in the area and are dealing with it. But how long is a piece of string?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the bottom-right corner of each of these forum posts, there's a "reply" button which you'll have used in order to create the post I've just replied to 😉

I'd take the "problem in the area" with a very big pinch of salt personally - let's establish, as I asked in my post above, which forms of TV (in other words, broadcast channels? Recorded programmes? OnDemand?) this affects, and that will go a long way to establishing the cause - and therefore the fix.

It's no problem if that takes you a few days or whatever, to find out - better to get the right answer than a quick one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @watty55, thanks for your post and I'm sorry you've got issues with your sound being out of sync on your TV360.

I was able to take a look into your account and I can see that the area issue has been resolved.

Have you ran through self-care diagnostics on our website here?

In addition to this, does the volume come directly out of your TV or do you have an external soundbar, as this can sometimes be the cause of the issue?

Please let us know if you're still experiencing your sound problem following the area fault being resolved.

Regards

Tom_W