cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Remote to Sky Glass

sighallgone
Tuning in

Hey all,

I may be the first person to try and do this in the UK haha, but has anyone been able to link their Virgin 360 remote to a Sky Glass TV?

We left Sky this week and got Virgin 360, however we have not been able to pair our remote to the TV to control the volume etc.

I have tried a couple of different options but neither worked:

Sky Media

Philips (apparently the maker of the TV, also tried their owner TP Vision, but that wasn't an option to choose from).

Cheers.

24 REPLIES 24

Well that sucks. Is there a way to have it raised internally to ask for a feature request? I appreciate that I am ahead of the curve for the majority, but the flood will come soon. 

I’m thankful I didn’t get it, I did think about it before signing up to Virgin Media, as we was already with Sky, I’m so glad we moved to Virgin Media as so far it’s loads better then sky! 

tecky7
On our wavelength

As a programmer and a engineer this helpful hint don't work on my TiVo 360 main box with Sky Glass 55" version

I think sky shot themselves in the foot with sky glass.

They have tried to make a 1 size fits all model.

Like with anything, the more integration into a single unit, the more that can go wrong.

I've just left Sky because of the service you get with Sky Glass, getting Virgin Media installed today. I'm keeping the Sky Glass TV but shame can't use virgin remote for volume on sky glass TV, hopefully this will change in the future. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Been reading posts on the Sky forum about customers that have gone back to SkyQ from Sky Glass & can’t pair their Sky Glass TV with the SkyQ remote volume controls either.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It seems to me that Sky Glass is an overpriced but very average LCD TV, and if you can return it you should consider doing so and getting a better replacement.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

eb154
On our wavelength

Hi, I know this is a bit old, but did you ever solve it? Also, I’m assuming that you had to use 2 remotes, right? I mean, it’s not like you had no volume control at all? That would be very bad.

No it hasn’t been resolved as of yet. Though I haven’t tried in a while. Yeah 2 remotes, not the end of the world, but it makes me hate the Sky Glass TV all the more as it is a pain in the backside to do everything. It doesn’t always play nice with the Virgin box.

eb154
On our wavelength

Thanks for replying. What are the other issues? (if you’ve got time) I’m stuck with the thing as well, but I begrudge giving sky any more money than I have to. Problems started when I switched to Virgin Broadband; signal dropping, they say, even though the drops can’t be measured by a scanner. 🙄🤷‍♂️