cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Remote to Sky Glass

sighallgone
Tuning in

Hey all,

I may be the first person to try and do this in the UK haha, but has anyone been able to link their Virgin 360 remote to a Sky Glass TV?

We left Sky this week and got Virgin 360, however we have not been able to pair our remote to the TV to control the volume etc.

I have tried a couple of different options but neither worked:

Sky Media

Philips (apparently the maker of the TV, also tried their owner TP Vision, but that wasn't an option to choose from).

Cheers.

24 REPLIES 24

deans6571
Wise owl

Ok so stupid question but if you have Sky Glass, why would you then also choose to have Virgin 360?! 

😂 yeah it is a genuinely valid question.

Lets just say, I left Sky as soon as I possibly could and would recommend people do not buy Sky Glass unless you have never had Sky Q or Sky+ Or are happy with no recording at all and a sub par experience. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sighallgone 

Have you tried going to Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Under TV Setup select Philps and then type in TP V (that's a space between the P and V) as that comes up as a match. Whether or not it will work I don't know, but fingers crossed.

If that fails try selecting Philips and then try the "Start key testing method". Using that method if it finds a match it doesn't always work for all keys, so you may have to ignore the first "match" and try a few more, as you may find a different  "match" will work with all remote keys.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sighallgone, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Were you able to try what @newapollo has advised regarding this query, as it is third party there may be some issues.

Thanks,

Kain

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Yes I tried the below and nothing happened sadly. I went through dozens of the Philips options and nothing sadly 😞

Hi Sighallgone, 

Thank you for posting on the community forums. If you have tried the codes and it's not worked, it sounds like the remote and the Sky Glass TV aren't compatible. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I had a sky glass around christmas time for a couple of weeks and couldn't end up getting the virgin remote to pair to the VM box at all. I ended up sending the glass tv back.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nostra999,

Sorry to see you had to send your Sky Glass TV back as not compatible with our TV box remote. We apologise for this inconvenience.

In this case, would you be interested in a similar service we launched recently, called Stream? Please, visit here to get all information about our new Stream.
Let us know if this helps.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You honestly have had a lucky escape, the Sky Glass TV was released at least a year too early. Too many bugs and missing software features. There is also a lot of missing hardware features you would expect from an expensive smart tv.