cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest box hardware????

gauntletguy
On our wavelength

with the new 360 tv is there an upgraded hardware box?

my upgraded was downloaded software to old v6 boxes. Since then I've had issues with the box freezing and crashing. 

so wonder if the hardwares not up to the job running the 360 software? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gauntletguy
On our wavelength

FYI if your interested. 

I had an engineer out who couldn’t find an issue. Other than the route was getting jammed quite frequently. 

Apparently the new 360 boxes rely more heavily on an internet connection to work. 
we have a lot of smart home devices, computers and tablets connected to the WiFi. I think our hub 3 was on the brink of coping at times before the 360 upgrade. 

Virgin were a bit unhelpful with the hub 4 upgrade, as they normally are with giving out the new kit. The priority is new customers and just putting up existing customer bills like clockwork Feb / March time.

still given my networking needs i sprang for a gaming router £150. But so far my WiFi coverage of the house is far better and it’s coping with everyone on it. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All V6 boxes are perfectly capable of running the 360 software, there are no issues there.

It sounds like your box has a fault, possibly hard drive related. If you've tried a box reset and problems are persisting, I'd recommend you report the fault - either by waiting on here, or calling in.

A "factory reset" doesn't delete recordings - but even then, if your box has a hard drive fault, then you'll lose everything on it anyhow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gauntletguy thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your 360 box freezing and crashing.  I have located your account from here and have had a remote look.  I'd like to send a technician, so I am going to send you a quick private message to confirm some details.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gauntletguy thanks for confirming your details.

I have booked the first available appointment for you.  You can view your appointment and if need be, change here

Regards

Lee_R

gauntletguy
On our wavelength

FYI if your interested. 

I had an engineer out who couldn’t find an issue. Other than the route was getting jammed quite frequently. 

Apparently the new 360 boxes rely more heavily on an internet connection to work. 
we have a lot of smart home devices, computers and tablets connected to the WiFi. I think our hub 3 was on the brink of coping at times before the 360 upgrade. 

Virgin were a bit unhelpful with the hub 4 upgrade, as they normally are with giving out the new kit. The priority is new customers and just putting up existing customer bills like clockwork Feb / March time.

still given my networking needs i sprang for a gaming router £150. But so far my WiFi coverage of the house is far better and it’s coping with everyone on it. 

Thank you for the update @gauntletguy.

Sorry to hear the issue persisted even after the engineer appointment. We are however glad to hear you were able to resolve this with a new router. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs