cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late night recording issues.

Battersea19
Joining in

Have issues recording late night recordings 360 box won't stay in standby mode, when I turn television off, never had this problem with my old box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Battersea19 

If the TV and the 360 box are in the same electric socket or on the same extender then turning the TV off at the main socket will turn off the 360. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

Is the box set to Eco mode by any chance, set it to fast start or active start if not already set to either of those.

Thank you for your help still having issues with recording late night programs, recorded a program then switched off my television at the mains.came home went to program it failed to record.

Have you tried leaving the TV on standby to see if it has any effect on your recordings, just trying to rule out any HDMI control problem.

I tried that as well thanks

Have you tried the cure for everything factory reset, you get the option to keep your recordings or format the hard drive, select the option to keep you recordings.

Battersea19
Joining in

Just had the 360 installed having same problem there has to be a way been trying to resolve this.

It only records when l leave it on standby mode, means l can't turn my television off at the mains, have to leave it in standby mode.so what happens if l want to record a program when I am on holiday. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Battersea19 

If the TV and the 360 box are in the same electric socket or on the same extender then turning the TV off at the main socket will turn off the 360. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Battersea19,

Thanks for your responses and welcome back to the community!

As the great @newapollo stated, if both sets of equipment are using the same socket/extender they will simultaneously switch.

If you are able to connect both to different sockets it would stop the issue you are facing.

If you do have anymore queries then don't hesitate to contact us again!

Take care,

Kain