cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED light on TV 360

Kenny_B
Tuning in

Hi, brand new Virgin Media user. Got the TV 360 box and a mini box for the bedroom in my package.
The question I have is why the main box only displays a static red led on the front when on but the mini box displays a white led when in operation and blue led in standby.
Is this normal? as I don’t think it’s correct.

thanks for any answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Are both boxes set to the same in Settings, System, Standby power consumption, they need to be set to Fast start or Active start so you can watch recordings on the mini box if the main box is in standby.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

roy247
Community elder

Are both boxes set to the same in Settings, System, Standby power consumption, they need to be set to Fast start or Active start so you can watch recordings on the mini box if the main box is in standby.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Both main box and mini box are set to Fast Start.

roy247
Community elder

Have you changed the power setting to fast start and it cured the problem or does the main box still have a red light, both boxes should be the same. If it is still red try turning the power off to the box for a couple of minutes and then back on to restart the box.

Hi, both boxes were set to Fast start by the installer. The mini box in bedroom when in use has a white Led. When I press the top RHS red power button on the remote it turns blue and goes into standby. This to me is correct operation.

The main box is different. it’s a red led when in use and if I press the top RHS power button on the remote, the box goes into standby but the red led goes out. No light at all.

it’s red led light or nothing. I have not seen the white or blue led on the main box. Just wondered if this was normal but expected it to be the same as the mini box upstairs.

I have switched it on and off with (power off a few time). When it starts up and I get the welcome message, the led is red and that’s all I get LOL

thanks again.

roy247
Community elder

A possible answer is it may be a refurbished Arris V6 box, if you go to Settings, Info, About, ( I think that is the sequence, I am not in front of the 360 at the moment ), it will say if it is a Humax or Arris built box. The V6 was red = standby, white = on, 360 is blue = standby, white = on, if it's an Arris box it's possible it only has a 2 colour led and blue is not an option and the logic is showing red for on.

If it's a Humax box then I have no idea.

Roy.

Hi Roy,

thanks for your reply. It’s an Arrus (DCX960-MPAT) box.

Don’t have a white or blue LED indicating box status.

Will just have to live with the red light for on and no light for standby.

Only device I have ever had which uses a red light for “on” LOL

thanks

Kenny

Looks like a faulty LED.

Converted Arris boxes (V6 to TV360 by software update) also have white on/blue off as the normal states of the LED (and orange during a restart power up). 

If the box is working otherwise it shouldn't be an issue.

Hi,

Thanks. The box is working ok, it’s just hard to tell what state the box is in when it only displays a static red LED.

thanks again.

What does VM say about exchanging it for another which will give you this status info via the LED? It sounds faulty to me so VM should swap it for one that works according to the manual/book.