cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping/stuttering playback 360

astra_rob
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

I am getting a lot of skipping/stuttering play back from when a program is paused or when i select to watch a recorded program. Its not constant but it will stop for a couple if seconds then continue playing. Sometimes it actually skips past the couple of seconds so bits end up being missed of whatever were watching. 

I also cant watch anything on demand. It starts the playback and after 5-10 seconds i get a playback error. Not sure whether this is all related but i suppose more information is better than little information! Live TV plays back without any issues.

Sometimes the guide can be extremely slow. Select a channel and get no response from the box then you cant scroll on the guide etc because its completely crashed. You then have to wait it out or do a complete reset. 

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as its really winding me up! Ive tried the usual things, full restart, check for updates etc. Nothing so far has improved the error. 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@astra_rob wrote:

I am getting a lot of skipping/stuttering play back from when a program is paused or when i select to watch a recorded program. Its not constant but it will stop for a couple if seconds then continue playing. Sometimes it actually skips past the couple of seconds so bits end up being missed of whatever were watching. 

I'm assuming you're doing this directly on your main 360 or don't have a mini, and we can therefore assume multi-box streaming isn't a potential contributor here.

On that basis, you've live TV is ok, so try pausing live TV for perhaps 30 seconds and watch the same programme delayed. That's also using the HDD and is effectively a recording - do the same problems happen?

@astra_rob wrote:

I also cant watch anything on demand. It starts the playback and after 5-10 seconds i get a playback error.

What's the error code? And how is your 360 connected to your homehub? Wired or wireless? If wireless, go into Settings > Network > Diagnostic and what's reported?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

Thanks for the fast response. 

Delayed/paused TV is definitely part of the issue. The delay on the TV tonight was a couple of minutes and the skipped quite a lot which prompted my question on here.

I am connected wirelessly but i can change to wired connection to see whether things improve. I will do a diagnostic report tomorrow and see what is shown

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@astra_rob wrote:

Sometimes the guide can be extremely slow. Select a channel and get no response from the box then you cant scroll on the guide etc because its completely crashed. You then have to wait it out or do a complete reset. 

Hopefully this helps. I find that giving the remote a gentle shake when the guide/channel seems to have frozen gets it working again with another press of the button

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali