cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVC TV & Virgin 360 Remote

BW81
Tuning in

Hello,

Is there anyway of checking a compatibility matrix for my TV to see if it can be controlled via the 360 remote? I have been through the pairing options and none of them work so I am assuming its not compatible but thought I'd check to be sure.

Its a JVC lt-43c770 TV, appreciate its 5 years old so could well not be supported.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey BW81, thanks for posting on our help forum with your issue and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of this problem with pairing your remote with the TV 360 box, it can be frustrating not being able to use all the features on your new remote and service.

Could you please let us know if you get any error code or message displayed when you're trying to pair it up with the TV box or when pressing the volume button etc?
Also, do the following steps help fix this:

1.Press power button on the Stream box for 10 seconds

2.Press TV + 0 buttons on the remote for 10 seconds

If this hasn't worked, please try the below:

Settings>Audio & Video>Pair Remote With Device then select the option for Change TV Setup from there you can manually choose your TV manufacturer and setup the remote control to pair with the TV.

Lastly, please reboot the TV box and try the steps above once more if you haven't tried it yet. 
In case the issue persists please confirm this so we can assist further from our end.
Let us know how things ho, happy to best help you with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ben,

Since you have a JVC lt-43c770 have you tried inputting the code c770? When I entered that into my 360 it said it's a match.

Fingers crossed that works for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello,

Thanks for the response. Yeah mine came up saying it was a match but the volume controls did nothing still 😞

roy247
Community elder

Hi BW81,

Here's a long shot, from the currys manual the tivo codes were 0044, 0049, 0101, 0107, 0125, 0152, 0166, 0379, 0654, if you look on the tivo remote code list quite a few come up on the Hitachi section, (possibly made in the same factory in china), so it might take a while but you could try pairing to Hitachi if you have gone through all the JVC options, the Hitachi 43HE4000 was around at the same time as your JVC, (according to google). 🤞

Hi Roy,

Thanks for taking the time to post, sorry its taken me a long time to reply.

I tried with Hitachi but no luck unfortunately. I guess I'll have to accept its just not gonna happen.

Thanks again!!!

roy247
Community elder

Sorry it didn't help but worth a try. 

Yeah deffo, thanks again for your time.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey BW81, thanks for posting on our help forum with your issue and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of this problem with pairing your remote with the TV 360 box, it can be frustrating not being able to use all the features on your new remote and service.

Could you please let us know if you get any error code or message displayed when you're trying to pair it up with the TV box or when pressing the volume button etc?
Also, do the following steps help fix this:

1.Press power button on the Stream box for 10 seconds

2.Press TV + 0 buttons on the remote for 10 seconds

If this hasn't worked, please try the below:

Settings>Audio & Video>Pair Remote With Device then select the option for Change TV Setup from there you can manually choose your TV manufacturer and setup the remote control to pair with the TV.

Lastly, please reboot the TV box and try the steps above once more if you haven't tried it yet. 
In case the issue persists please confirm this so we can assist further from our end.
Let us know how things ho, happy to best help you with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri_G

Thank you very much for the information, that has got me all working now thank you very much.

What I noticed is that after doing step 2, the list of popular tvs when going trough the pairing menu was different and after the 3rd key attempt for JVC it worked.

Again thank you very much!!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread BW81, it is great to hear you have been able to get this resolved. 

We will let Adri_G know 🙂 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat