cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues playing back on itvX

Kmacdiarmid
Joining in

I have recently had a new v360 box. 
Whenever we try to watch something on catch up on itvX, we get half way through, reach the adverts and then it just loops ads over and over again and we can’t watch the second half! Any advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Can you say what programme's you are having problems with, I just tested with a film and fast forwarded to the adverts and they played OK and then the film continued.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

Can you say what programme's you are having problems with, I just tested with a film and fast forwarded to the adverts and they played OK and then the film continued.

We are trying to watch Brad and Barney’s Breaking dad episodes.

Just tried Series 1 Episode 1 and that played OK, I did fast forward to the advert breaks.

Is it all episodes or a particular series or episodes.

We’ve been watching the latest series… all of the episodes do the same, much to my daughters dismay. 🙈 we watch the first half, a break comes on and it doesn’t matter if we try to fast forward, skip or watch through them, we just get advert after advert after advert looped round. 

Hi,

Just checked the latest series 5, all 7 episodes, and they all get to the advert break then have a pause and then start the next half of the show.

No adverts.

It might depend on which package you have if you get the adverts.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/itvx-how-to-watch-and-best-new-shows-and-movies# 

The adverts aren’t a problem, it’s the fact they don’t stop and we can’t view the second half of the show. 

What I was saying is I get to the ad break and I don't get any adverts, the programme pauses for the adverts and then starts the next half of the programme. So it doesn't get stuck in an advert loop. 

Have you checked for faults in your area, you can login to your My Virgin Media and check your service status at the top right of the page or phone 0800 5610061 for a more localised check.

Have you tried rebooting the box by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug.

If that doesn't work you could try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, you will
have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will
go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Hi @Kmacdiarmid 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues viewing shows on ITVX. We can understand the inconvenience caused and want to help. Have you tried the great advice given by @roy247? If so does the issue persist? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have since watched another episode and the issue seems to have stopped. We no longer get any ads, just a break in the show and then it continues.m, so all rectified. 

thank you x