cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue watching recordings

Peggy3019
On our wavelength

Been on virgin media since the end of March and have issues watching recordings. They pause/hesitate for a few seconds and it’s got to the stage where I don’t want to watch anything. There are previous posts on this issue but have virgin acknowledged there are issues?

I have factory reset the box, which is an Arris DCX960. I have also disconnected the cables etc but the problem still exists.

I would imagine that virgin think there is not a problem despite many forum posts.

58 REPLIES 58

Ok

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Peggy3019 wrote:

Live TV and On Demand/Catch Up is fine, it's only on recorded programes.

Can you try pausing live TV for perhaps 30 seconds and watch it delayed for a little while?

That uses the hard drive in exactly the same way as recordings do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We are here all weekend Peggy3019

Look forward to your findings 

Gareth_L

I've given it a week on watching recordings: all sky HD recordings (sky one and Witness) seem to be fine. Bake off and Holby (channel 4 HD and BBC 1 HD are still stuttering, both this weeks and last weeks recordings.

Tonight we have a new issue of error code CS2217 when we try to play a recording, this on all recordings on the planner. Box rebooted by the switch at the back and now able to watch recordings

Hi Peggy3019,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, I can see via your account which I was able to access via the details we have for you and can see that you have spoken to us in regards to your issue.

Since rebooting although you have advised you can now watch recordings are they all watchable, has the error now cleared?

Regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Peggy3019 wrote:

I've given it a week on watching recordings: all sky HD recordings (sky one and Witness) seem to be fine. Bake off and Holby (channel 4 HD and BBC 1 HD are still stuttering, both this weeks and last weeks recordings.

IMO this sounds like a channel-specific issue, rather than necessarily a hard drive problem. Have you been able to try the tests I mentioned in post-22 above?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Peggy3019
On our wavelength

HI japitts,

Yes I have, all seems fine now (will probably have spoken too soon), will have to keep an eye on it. Before this box was installed about 3 weeks ago it was happening on every channel. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping the thread updated Peggy3019, glad to hear there's been an improvement since your post.

We understand these things can be intermittent though, so please don't hesitate to get back in touch if needed.

Tom

Peggy3019
On our wavelength

Box now not recording!

Error message CS2217 appearing once again, resulting in not being able to watch recordings. Recordings this afternoon, Sunday evening and Friday evening (all different channels) have not recorded for the full duration of the program

I am very sorry to hear this @Peggy3019

We can arrange another engineer visit for you to get things checked over. 

I will PM you now to take some details. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs