cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue watching recordings

Peggy3019
On our wavelength

Been on virgin media since the end of March and have issues watching recordings. They pause/hesitate for a few seconds and it’s got to the stage where I don’t want to watch anything. There are previous posts on this issue but have virgin acknowledged there are issues?

I have factory reset the box, which is an Arris DCX960. I have also disconnected the cables etc but the problem still exists.

I would imagine that virgin think there is not a problem despite many forum posts.

58 REPLIES 58

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me @Peggy3019 

Ill pop you over a quick PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me that information via PM. 

We are going to need to book an engineer for you,  I have taken the opportunity to book this for you. your able to view the time and date and make any needed amendments via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Peggy3019
On our wavelength

Box was replaced on the 7th June and all seemed ok until today…. Currently watching a recorded programme and the stuttering has started again, although nowhere near as bad as before.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Peggy3019

Thanks for keeping us updated on this, how is your TV looking this morning? 

I'm glad to hear it's not as bas as before however, but can appreciate it still can be frustrating. 

Did you carry out any checks at the time? Although it may seems very obvious, was there maybe an outage at the time? You can check here  

Is it still stuttering today? 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Peggy3019
On our wavelength

Hi, 

Certain recordings are still stuttering or pausing for a small amount moint of time (around 2 seconds). It's very annoying when watching and is not giving a good experience of virgin as it's the 2nd box this is happening with since I became a customer.

Thanks for coming back to us Peggy3019, can you please confirm which channels you're recording and if they're in SD or HD for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

All HD channels

Thanks Peggy3019, can you please advise me if any SD recordings perform in a similar way?

Have you also experienced any issues with HD channels on Live TV? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Live TV and On Demand/Catch Up is fine, it's only on recorded programes.

I can only say it's HD at the moment as we don't tend to record SD channels

Is it possible to try recording in SD for me over the weekend and sample the recording? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn