cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is sky sports now hd as standard?

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

As below it now seems to give an option of adding sky sports in HD without the £7 charge for HD

Is this correct? Has the charge for HD now been dropped? Unusual for things to go down in price these days

5F6D2582-B295-4AFF-BB11-9473A7AB2DA8.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ashscrivens1, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am not sure that is the case - as it still comes as standard. Can I ask where you're seeing this information, is it within your own online account?

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd imagine that the day Sky Sports is HD as standard, the marketing people will make it very well known..

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/channels/sports is still very carefully worded in several places, and the drop-down FAQs at the bottom have the standard disclaimer:

japitts_0-1650279019978.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s shown in my TV upgrade options within “My virgin media”

176E48E2-B689-477C-B1D4-F6330159AE9A.jpeg

Just checked again and if I add it to the basket it seems to add the HD pack at no extra cost

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Promotional codes covering the £7 supplement wouldn't be impossible - I'd have thought this would be covered under 14days cancellation if it goes horribly wrong.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks