cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Double Arrow Flashing

deans6571
Wise owl

Just turned on my V6 (with 360 software) and I notice the two double arrow icon is flashing. 

When I then go into the Settings page and then to Network, it shows it’s connected to my Hub via Wi-Fi just fine (my Wi-Fi is working ok) but when I then go to Diagnostics, I’m seeing this :

B961E193-0DF4-4B2C-BB8F-6C240EDC35E5.jpeg

The VM Status page shows no issues. 

Is there an area fault or should I turn the box off and back on (all channels are fine but obviously no On Demand stuff is working ) ?

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @deans6571 

My 360 corrected itself after about 5 minutes. There weren't any problems with my hub or any other devices.

You could check the automated service line 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Rebooting the 360 won't do any harm unless you are recording a program, and the same as when it was running the TIVO software it should try and reconnect to the internet.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 

This happened to me around 2:00am.  I was watching  and recording WWE RAW.

The hub remained on, however the picture and sound went off on BT Sport 1,2 and 3 for a few minutes -  no other channels were affected. The double internet arrow on the 360 was flashing. My hub remained on and no disconnection shows in my BQM. Also looking at my hub my IP address hasn't changed.

When picture and sound came back there was onscreen message in an oblong box showing CS9993 and the same description you can see on the 360 diagnostics screen.

Reading a few forum posts there were some issues earlier today, but I don't feel they are related to the 360 error message.

Is everything else working OK now?

EDIT - Stop sniggering at me watching Raw, it's panto season all year  😎

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

@deans6571 

This happened to me around 2:00am.  I was watching  and recording WWE RAW.

The hub remained on, however the picture and sound went off on BT Sport 1,2 and 3 for a few minutes -  no other channels were affected. The double internet arrow on the 360 was flashing. My hub remained on and no disconnection shows in my BQM. Also looking at my hub my IP address hasn't changed.

When picture and sound came back there was onscreen message in an oblong box showing CS9993 and the same description you can see on the 360 diagnostics screen.

Reading a few forum posts there were some issues earlier today, but I don't feel they are related to the 360 error message.

Is everything else working OK now?

EDIT - Stop sniggering at me watching Raw, it's panto season all year  😎

The double arrow icon is still flashing as I type this but all my Wi-Fi is working fine (no error lights on my Hub 3). 

So does this mean it’s an issue with my box or the VM servers ? The error message picture I posted earlier suggests the error isn’t with my equipment but at the VM end. 

Should I try a reboot of my box (turning the switch off at the back) ? When did your light stop flashing?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @deans6571 

My 360 corrected itself after about 5 minutes. There weren't any problems with my hub or any other devices.

You could check the automated service line 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Rebooting the 360 won't do any harm unless you are recording a program, and the same as when it was running the TIVO software it should try and reconnect to the internet.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

@newapollo wrote:

Hi again @deans6571 

Thanks for that - much appreciated. 

I haven’t rebooted the box as just called the number you provided above and there is a message saying there are intermittent issues with Broadband and TV in my area (even though the VM Status page shows no issues) actually in my post code area. It doesn’t give a fix time. 

I may give it until the morning and then give it a reboot. 

deans6571
Wise owl

@iantos wrote:

Since upgrading my V6 box to 360 I have had more error codes and spam email than I ever had before the upgrade.

This one today is really annoying. It prevents me accessing recordings where I have more than one episode recorded.

Also the option to access all episodes of a series generates the code.

I have complained to  many different call centres including an an email to the chief executive office.

I’ll leave it to all members to guess how much response I received.

If I wasn’t locked into a contract then I would leave, although not sure if BT or Sky would be any better.

Lets face it, as long as we keep paying they couldn’t care less about customer service.

…..start a new thread - don’t try and tag onto this one which has nothing to do with your issue. 

@newapollo wrote:

Hi again @deans6571 

My flashing light disappeared earlier (sorry - was caught up with something else) - everything now seems back to normal. 
😃

Thanks for the update deans6571, glad to hear this has now been resolved. If you need assistance in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob