cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing tv 360 flashing screen invalid format

sean236
Tuning in

Tried installing tv 360, now getting a blue and black flashing screen and every now and then “invalid format” comes up

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a new TV installation (presumably using self-service QuickStart) or converting an existing V6?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi it’s an update from a v6 box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd call VM faults to report this, it doesn't sound well.

150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sean236 wrote:

Tried installing tv 360, now getting a blue and black flashing screen and every now and then “invalid format” comes up

My LG TV displays this when there’s an issue identified with the HDMI connection - a possible ‘handshake’ issue between the 360 and your TV. Check the cable has no breaks and it’s connected securely to both the 360 and your TV. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

@sean236 wrote:

My LG TV displays this when there’s an issue identified with the HDMI connection - a possible ‘handshake’ issue between the 360 and your TV. Check the cable has no breaks and it’s connected securely to both the 360 and your TV. 

Nice tip. In that case, if you still have problems after checking the HDMI connection at both ends, it may be worth power-cycling the box with the TV on - to force a new handshake.

Hi sean236

Thanks for posting and apologies for the confusion with the TV box.

Can you advise - has the migration to 360 happened since posting?

Please let me know if you need further assistance 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

I’ve just tried a new hdmi cable, got a welcome screen for a few seconds then the tv just goes to the flashing screen saying “invalid format”

Anonymous
Not applicable

What TV do you have? Have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV?

Also, ensure UHD Deep Colour Mode is on… I have a feeling you have an LG TV. 

Try the above then another reboot of the 360 box.