cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 360 mini box

Ponowobo
On our wavelength

V6 box successfully upgraded to 360 (eventually). 360 mini box stops installation at downloading software stage with error message CS1011 ‘can’t retrieve account info’. Is this an activation issue? (as was the V6 upgrade problems)

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A very similar error code mentions a retrieval error... https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1010-contactus 

You could try swapping the boxes around to make sure the problem follows the specific box... if it does, then it'll need VM intervention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ponowobo 

The error message although not listed is online <<< here >>> 

It's an account retrieval error.

Both boxes need  to be connected to the white coaxial cable and also an internet connection.

Sometimes rebooting the box clears that error.

If not then as per japitts try swapping the mini 360 over with the main box and see if that kicks it into working order. (you can always switch them back again)

If the above fails it's likely that the CS1011 account retreival error is because the mini box box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated.

You could try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the mini box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

You could also try  speaking to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

It may need second level support to push a few buttons, or at the worst a replacement box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Re-reading your post, I've spotted a possible slip-up...

@Ponowobo wrote:

360 mini box stops installation at downloading software stage with....

Does your mini have both the internet connection & co-ax cables present?

The co-ax provides live-broadcast TV channels, the internet provides various software downloads/updates as well as OnDemand/streaming. Ideally the internet bit is an Ethernet cable to your homehub, but reliable WiFi is always a fallback option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ponowobo
On our wavelength

The co-axial is connected & there’s a strong connection to wi-fi. I suspect that (like thr problem I had with the V6 upgrade), it’s an activation/media account issue.

needless to say, the promised callback from Line 2 support didn’t happen so it looks like another hour or so of telephone determination tomorrow….

Ponowobo
On our wavelength

I don’t know if the fact that I have the VM hub in modem-only mode & use an Airport Extreme router may be an issue in this but then again, the now fully-functioning V6 box (upgraded to 360) is connected through this router so probably not the problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ponowobo wrote:

I don’t know if the fact that I have the VM hub in modem-only mode & use an Airport Extreme router may be an issue in this but then again, the now fully-functioning V6 box (upgraded to 360) is connected through this router so probably not the problem.

There's an easy way to test this, and that's to loop the Extreme router out of the equation and connect to the hub (in router mode) directly - although if another box is connected the same way, that's good evidence otherwise.

And by means of advice on "common parlance", once your V6 box has been converted to 360, it's no longer a V6. "V6 upgraded to 360" is a bit like saying "Windows 10 laptop upgraded to Windows 11" - it's not W10 anymore. V6 refers to the TiVo-software, which your 360 doesn't run anymore.

The chances are here, that a simple activation error is probably the answer - but swapping your 2x 360 around will prove that.

Ponowobo
On our wavelength

Thanks for your advice. Phoned VM @ 8am (on the dot!). Firmly requested to be pit through to Line 2 Support & within 10 mins everything was up & running due to someone who knew what he was doing. He activated the mini-box.

Why previous support staff couldn’t do that I don’t know…..

It seems that insisting on speaking to Line 2 Support is the way to go (& being lucky with who answers the phone)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @Ponowobo 

It's great that you managed to complete the set up 

It is a pain trying to get through to 2nd level support so well done. They have access to a few more systems than the usual front line agents. Pleased it didn't need a tech visit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali