cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect programs being recorded

Hc88
Joining in

Hi for over a month virgin has been recording the incorrect program (ie not the program that is listed on the guide). Rather than assisting me they have told me to come and ask the forum, unhelpful as usual. Anyone experienced this? 

16 REPLIES 16

roy247
Community elder

Is this every recording you set or is it channel or programme specific. Do you have an example.

Hi this is for E! Channel only and for these 2 programs (Daily Pop) which used to be on Tuesdays to Saturdays around 10am and Nightly Pop which used to be on nightly around 11pm. They have not recorded correctly since weeks ago. Other recordings are fine 

roy247
Community elder

I would delete your series links and find the programmes on the TV guide and set up new series links on the 360, as there seems to be an hours difference between the 360 and the TVGO app guide. This makes you think did the recordings start going wrong when the clocks changed.

I have deleted the series link and reset that and i have also recorded programs on either side of the supposed time still nothing 

roy247
Community elder

So what programmes is it recording, could it be that these programmes are not on and the guide is wrong, which would also mean Sky's guide is wrong because I checked on their website. Let us know what your box is recording then we can have another look. 

An example is on 22 Mach at 12pm to 1pm it was meant to record daily pop but instead recorded True Hollywood Stories: Billionaires instead 

roy247
Community elder

And if I look back on the TVGUIDE that is what was on. I am surprised that the 360 has recorded the wrong programme as usually if there is difference in say the programme title has changed it will fail to record anything. If you had a set a manual recording on a TIVO V6 for those time's then it would record anything that's on, but you can't do that with a 360.

Makes me ask the question as both boxes look the same do you have a TiVo V6 or a Horizon 360 box and how are you setting the series links.

I have the 360 box and it was on a long term series link setting which has always recorded the correct program until a month ago, suddenly it was recording something random that is also on E! Channel. I have since deleted the series link and reset it several times but selecting daily pop and nightly pop and then going to record series link 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've just set  up a series link for both programs starting from next Tuesday.

I've also noticed that the timing for both programs next Tuesday in the TVGo app is one hour behind the 360 EPG ie the nightly pop one starts at 9pm in the app but 10pm on the 360, and the daily pop starts at 12 noon on the 360 but 11am using the app.

Perhaps the timings will resync when the clocks go forward this weekend.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali