cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete installation

Steven_Datt
Joining in

I have the ultimate oomph bundle that started last Monday 27th September. We had an engineer visit to set up (on the 27th) as it required switching ports and installing splitters (as we have 2 TV boxes). 

A required part was missing so the engineer said they'd be back later in the week. Its the week after now, haven't heard anything back despite texting on the 30th enquiring a completion ETA.

As such we haven't had full TV functionality with the second box, with the junction box outside the house not closed up/covered, completely exposed to the elements - and we've had heavy rain across a few days over the last week. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Steven_Datt,

If you have a complaint raised on the account yes, if not I will need to raise one with you so we can look into this resolution when the installation is complete.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steven_Datt wrote:

As such we haven't had full TV functionality with the second box, with the junction box outside the house not closed up/covered, completely exposed to the elements - and we've had heavy rain across a few days over the last week. 

What's the issue with the second box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't know. It's not connected, just a pile of cables with the second box in a room. I haven't connected it up myself to try it.

The issue here is that the Virgin Media junction on the wall in my front garden is open to the elements with exposed wires (as mentioned in my previous post) and the engineer previously here required a part to get full signal through the splitter up to my loft room, which he said he would contact me and return later in the week (which would have been last week)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a working co-ax connection point in the room where the second box should be?

Ordinarily I'd recommend calling into VM on the usual 150 route (or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) to chase this up - I will flag this thread for the attention of VM staff in the morning. That should at least get you a response on here tomorrow, whereas otherwise it could take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Steven_Datt thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry that your outside box has not been fixed and your additional box has not been installed.  I would like to look into this.  I am going to send you private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Steven_Datt thanks for coming back to me via PM.

I have booked the relevant technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend your appointment in your online account.

Regards

Lee_R 

Thanks.

I don't think I can see it in my account area. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Hi Steven_Datt,

The appointment should show when you sign in, have you been able to locate this since your post?

Alex_Rm

I can see it now. October 23rd.

I look forward to having the installation completed. Thank you.

Due to not receiving the full functionality of the package I'm paying for (2 TV boxes & strong, consistent signal), provided successful completion of the installation on the 23rd October, is there an offering of reimbursement for the time period since 27th September?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Steven_Datt,

If you have a complaint raised on the account yes, if not I will need to raise one with you so we can look into this resolution when the installation is complete.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide