Menu
dada_ran
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Imminent TV 360 upgrade (advice please)

Hi, we are due to get a delivery to update to the new TV 360. We have the oopmh package with two V6 boxes.

Can I ask does the update order include replacement boxes? Any issues I should be aware of or consider?

Best Daran

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Imminent TV 360 upgrade (advice please)

If you are updating as a oomph customer you will get 2 new boxes 1 main Humax box with a 1TB Hard Disk and a Humax mini box with no Hard Disk in your second room. You will effectively lose half of your Hard Drive storage. Both boxes will still connect Via Coax and will need WiFi or ethernet connection for On Demand just like your V6 boxes. The UI of the software is completely overhauled i like the new UI more modern and smoother. On the Humax boxes there are currently no known faults. What I will say is that there is no Quick View option if you used it and also currently Series Links are not as advanced as on the V6 TiVo Software. You cant just select options like New programs only etc. So if you set up a series link it will record every episode even if the same episode is on more than once a day so get used to doing a lot of deleting. Also if you delete something you currently can not recover it like you can on V6 TiVo . Also when searching for programs it will only show results from On demand, the guide, catchup and Amazon prime. it won't include other apps like Netflix to search in them you have to go into the individual apps. Some of these features will be added in the future 

dada_ran
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, was unsure if I was to expect new boxes or just remotes.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

the V6 to TV360 software update is still in Trial. If you have updated via the released oomph update you will deffo get new boxes.

robigouk
Superfast
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just to ask a question.  When eventually I get the two new boxes (I'm on the old v6 boxes which have been software upgraded and new remotes) - the 2nd mini box still needs a coax? I thought surely the idea of the mini box it would be wifi only and could be put in any room without a coax (isn't sky's system like this)?

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sky's Q system is like that but Virgin's isn't. On TV 360 even the mini boxes need Coax for Live TV and Recording

0 Kudos
gthind51
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have just upgraded to Tv360 having had two V6 boxes. You do not get new boxes. VM will send across the signal to update your current V6’s. It’s only been a couple of days and to be fair I wish I hadn’t upgraded. I liked the simplicity of creating series links and knowing whether you were recording new episodes of a program rather than repeats. 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The OTA update is only available to people in the trial, the people on the ultimate oomph who are updating on the released package will get new boxes. The functions missing from recording and series links are being looked into now and will get added

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi robigouk,

If you have had your V6 boxes upgraded to 360 I don't know if you will receive new boxes. I haven't seen any suggestion on the forum that Virgin are going to update all the Arris V6 boxes to Horizon 360 software then swop them out. You may get a mini box if you have a problem with one of your existing boxes in the future. If you keep your existing boxes you will have 2TB of storage instead of 1TB.

I may be wrong, the wife always says I am.

0 Kudos
dada_ran
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

So the self install package arrived but with just two remotes. Surprised as a couple of calls to Cs yesterday indicated otherwise.

0 Kudos