cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If upgrade to 360 what happens to Tivo box(es)

andyads74
On our wavelength

I'm on Ultimate Volt but still using Tivo V6 and older Tivo as 2nd box. Have so far not upgraded to 360 as have so much saved, un-watched stuff. If I do upgrade to 360, are the Tivos returned to VM? I can't imagine the v old Tivo would be, but maybe the V6 is retained by VM? Basically don't want to upgrade if can't keep old boxes to make my way through un-watched stuff.

Any info gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3

1701-e
Superfast

Your V6 would get a software upgrade which would wipe all recordings.  The old TiVo would be swapped out for a mini 360 box. Again all recordings lost.

roy247
Community elder

@andyads74 wrote:

I'm on Ultimate Volt but still using Tivo V6 and older Tivo as 2nd box. Have so far not upgraded to 360 as have so much saved, un-watched stuff. If I do upgrade to 360, are the Tivos returned to VM? I can't imagine the v old Tivo would be, but maybe the V6 is retained by VM? Basically don't want to upgrade if can't keep old boxes to make my way through un-watched stuff.

Any info gratefully received.

As already stated the V6 box has the hard drive reformatted and the new software loaded so you would loose all your recordings. The old TiVo box might not need returning but will be replaced by a 360 mini box with no hard drive, it will also be deactivated by Virgin so you will probably not be able to watch any recordings on the box, but who knows if you don't try, it you can post back with an update.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you upgrade a TiVo to a V6 it's box-swapped but your existing V6 retains its hard drive storage and existing recordings. A subsequent conversion to TV360 would be a software update retaining both HDD's.

If you convert to TV360, the V6 is HDD-reformatted to accept the new software, your TiVo is box-swapped to a TV360-mini and loses the hard drive storage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks