cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons on box sets etc

DaveT1978
Joining in

For the last few days my 360 boxes are on a bit of a go slow. Pic icons don't always load, showing black boxes instead of the programme pic etc.

Have reset the boxes, but staying the same. Are there any settings I should be changing? Broadband all working fine, just the TV setup seems to have come to a bit of a grinding halt.

Any advice appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi DaveT1978,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your TV boxes. Have things improved since your post?

I've run a remote diagnostic and see that the phone care team had raised the issue for you, but let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say "broadband all working", is that on your 360 or other devices? All you've described is symptomatic of a TV box without a working 'net connection. Can you view OnDemand programmes or use streaming platforms ok? That also uses the 'net.

Following Settings > Network > Diagnostics will let you check your 360's internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, all working, diagnostic check all good, streaming services fine etc. 

The TV boxes are just running very slow. Sometimes you click on a film, and it may take 15 seconds for the preview/desciption screen to come up. As I say, many icons are just showing as the black movie clapboard icon.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which SW version is your box running? There's a few rollouts at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

version 4.31 - is that what you are referring to?

It claims that versions has 'squashed some bugs and improved performace and stability' - if only!

EOS1008C-MON-PRD-00.02-111-FP-AL-202110331210000-NA001

is the software version, not sure if that's what you mean?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi DaveT1978,

Are there any particular sections within Box Sets & Movies where this occurs?

I'm also on version 4.31 and have just tried to replicate your issues both wirelessly and connected with an ethernet cable and the only issue I had was once under Categories > Animation (619 titles) the screen froze so I gave my remote a quick waggle and it responded normally. 

I saw no evidence of the picture icons failing to load, or showing the black movie clapboard icon, or having to wait for the preview/description screen to appear.

Thinking back around 6 weeks ago I did notice the black movie icons on some of the titles and I just rebooted my hub and 360 and when checking again they were working correctly again.

It's possible that your problem is area specific (I'm in Teesside) although I haven't seen other posts with this issue.

It's possible it may be showing up under https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status  in your area.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi - no, it's all very random.

So if I go into Box Sets and Movies - sometimes the title panels "Family, Romance, Superheroes etc" will not load, so be a blank box, then going into a category the movie icons will be black at random - and I have just realised that at times when I am scrolling channels on the EPG the logos are sometimes missing and the channel name is just in standard font.

Basically images at random are not loading across the whole piece.

Hi DaveT1978,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your TV boxes. Have things improved since your post?

I've run a remote diagnostic and see that the phone care team had raised the issue for you, but let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

Looks like this has resolved itself. Did a couple of reboots, but sorted itself outside of that.

All good thanks...