cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve just recontracted today. I have the V6 box, can I get the TV360 remote control and subsequent update

mcconnellogue19
Joining in

My contract was due to be re-contracted which I’ve done today. I have the broadband, tv and phone weekend package - I have the mix it tv, broadband (was 100mbp, now changed to 200mbp) and weekend phone call package. 
i asked the virgin staff member if I could receive the TV360 remote  so that I could be able to have the software update to the TV360 and I was told NO I wasn’t allowed it or able to get it unless I took out the Max it package (full package at £79 pm).

I kept asking why not as I have been a loyal customer for a number of years, but it fell on deaf ears sadly. I’ve tried checked online tonight on the virgin media website but when I hit the tv360 upgrade button the request shows - bad request on page. But I’ve typed in the query into the internet search engine and I can see answers on virgins own pages that says I could get the remote control for £24.95, but if I have the V6 box and if I re-contract then I would get the remote free of charge. Bearing this now in mind can I ask why I wasn’t told this information? Why was I not given the offer considering I was asking for it? Can someone please provide me with the correct information as I’ve seen articles online from virgin media chief executives in 2021 who confirmed that V6 customers were entitled to get the remote and they stated what I’ve written above about the initial charge and then how it would become free when customers re-contracted, and they also said at a point in time all existing customers would be entitled to both the TV360 box and the TV360 remote control. 

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Charles. 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TiVo/V6 customer is able to voluntarily convert to 360, but there is usually the £24.95 charge unless your specific package allows for that to be discounted.

That is normally only the case with "Ultimate Volt" and similar. Given that your TV tier is Mixit, then you almost certainly won't qualify for that discount, and the charge would stand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply it is greatly appreciated. Thank you also for clarifying that I can get the TV360 upgrade voluntarily by paying the nominal fee… 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just make sure you're aware of the differences between TiVo/V6 & 360.

I only say because fundamentally the two platforms are different - and the conversion is a one-way process if you discover any caveats that you weren't aware of.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks