cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have lost sound on some channels

lostaccount
Tuning in

I have lost sound on some channels but not all. I have no sound on channels 521 to 600 (mainly Eurosport and BT Sport), on most of the other channels seem to play sound without a problem. I have rebooted the box but that has not made a difference.

Any suggestion?

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lostaccount,

Everything seems to be OK here in Teesside. Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

mattygg
On our wavelength

Not sure if this helps

I have noticed an issue with the 360 box and the sound. Its usually when i go into and come out of Netflix. I just suddenly stop getting any sound.

The only way i have found to resolve the issue is to turn the Dolby Audio off. I think its in the "Audio" options on the box. Since i turned this off i havent experienced the issue any more.

Hope that helps

Matt

Thanks for the replys, I will check these out.

Just to clarify, on these Channels with no sound, there is nothing, no noise, no background squeaks or hisses what so ever, video feed is perfect, it is just as though somebody had muted the channels (checked, no they have not). or unplugged the speaker.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please confirm if the sound issue is still apparent on the V6 box? 

I've been able to look into the local area for any outages that may reflect this issue and don't currently see anything being flagged

Can you please try connecting the set top box to the TV via an alternative HDMI port, or possibly a different cable to see if this combats the sound issue?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

This has been resolved now, turned out there was a digital sound setting on the TV which had gotten turned off by mistake (did not know it existed)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lostaccount,

Thanks for the update. It's great that your sound is back.

If you're anything like me you don't read manuals and just experiment, it's all part of the fun.

There's many settings on my TV which I've knocked off accidentally 😅

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali